Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Nine Months Later...

Some days I don't even recognize my old self. I've changed so much in the past year - and for the BETTER! I'm in awe at the work the Lord is doing in our little family! 

I clearly remember the day last February when the doctors and nurses at Amplatz Children's Hospital discharged us and sent us on our way saying "you've got this mom!"  Part way through our 5 hour drive home we stopped for lunch, but mostly to hook Charlotte up to her feeding tube. I vividly remember bursting into tears in the middle of the restaurant because I was struggling with her tube and pump. I was certain I was going to do something wrong and hurt my new daughter. 

Fast forward 9 months. Today I hear Charlotte fussing down the hall. Going to investigate I find her g-tube button on the floor with formula and blood dripping down her belly. Instead of bursting into tears, like I did 9 months ago just hooking her up, I merely hollered down the hall at Eden to bring me Charlotte's emergency kit. 3 minutes later she's all patched up, new button in place, and back to normal. Time to get lunch on the table. 

If someone would have told me all the twists and turns our lives would have taken this year I would have laughed and never believed them. I'm so glad the Lord didn't reveal it all to us in the beginning. I think I would have been too afraid to follow His leading in our lives. I am so thankful for His grace and strength in my everyday. 

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:11-13 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment