Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

James 1:20

James 1:20 "For man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."

I have been meditating on this verse for the past couple of weeks. I can't help but remember the number of times that I have gotten angry at my children and let them know it in hopes that it would change and correct their behaviors. Well, this clearly states that my anger does not bring about the changes that God desires. I have been challenged to keep my voice calm and controlled. If I feel like I am getting impatient or feel that anger inside of me I purposely lower my voice as a reminder to myself to stay calm.

I have also been convicted that if I am angry or very frustrated with an action or behavior and I have yet to correct it, I have waited too long! I have found it is so much easier to teach and correct my children if I do it quickly rather then wait until it is bothersome or out of control!

Who knew parenting would be such a lesson in self-control and obedience!

Stacy

1 comment: