Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Proverbs 3:25-26

Proverbs 3:25-26

Have no fear of sudden disaster or the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord is your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.

What if I die and leave my husband and 3 kids behind?
What if someone breaks into our house and attacks us?
What if someone kidnaps one of my children?
What if Dave gets killed in a car accident?
What if Dave loses his job and we can't pay our bills and we become homeless?
What if, what if, what if???

Reading these you may think I am trying to be funny to prove a point or I am over exaggerating to make a statement. I truly wish this was the case. I struggle in my daily life to battle the "what if's..." If I am not careful, they overtake my thinking which then impacts our day to day functioning within the Scott family home. This verse in Proverbs is one I have read many times, but it never really sunk into the depths of my heart until just recently. I have committed it to memory and I am actively using it to battle the "what if's" that creep into my daily life. This anxiety is rooted so deep within the core of my being that it is going to take time and effort to weed it out, but it is a weed that must be pulled. It hinders me from fully living the life God has planned for me. It is also something I can already see I am passing on to my oldest daughter. The world will teach them enough about doubting the Lord and not trusting His proctection and provisions - I need to teach only the truth within these walls of my home! What freedom and joy would fill our lives if we can daily choose to live our lives like Psalm 63:8 tells us we are allowed to - "My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me" Let's cling to Him!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Stacy! What peace can be found when we place our confidence in the Prince of Peace. You are right, our kids need to see our faith if they are going to embrace it! May we build faith in God instead of our fears!

    ReplyDelete