Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

One of those days...

Today has been just one of those days.  A day where I am feeling anxious and afraid.  I haven't had many of those days, but today is one of them!

Reece's Rainbow is wonderful for having such an amazing and supportive online community.  They've been there to answer my many questions and help encourage us along the way.  It's amazing how united one can feel with strangers who are all on the same journey.  However, this has been the source of my hard day.  Today was filled with hard times...unfortunate realities of adopting children from orphanages.

Today we learned about a little boy who passed away in his orphanage.  He just couldn't hold out any longer for his mommy to come save him.  Another recently adopted child passed away from heart problems.  Thankfully she didn't have to die alone. Her mommy wasn't there for her first breath but she was there for her last.  She was able to be ushered into heaven while her mommy held her in her arms.  Another family was just waiting for their travel date when they learned that their intended child was suddenly picked back up from the orphanage by the biological family.  That is both exciting and sad.  Exciting for the child who will be reunited with the biological family, but yet a little scary as to what the future holds and if this child will be returned to the orphanage.  It's also sad for the family who feels like they lost their baby.  They will continue on with a blind referral, but they will grieve their loss.  Another family went to visit their intended child only to learn that his file was inaccurate and his medical needs were so severe that they were unable to continue with the adoption.

I've kissed my babies more today and hugged them a little longer.  I've said many prayers for our sweet Charlotte.  This journey is one of uncertainties.  I'm grateful to serve a constant Father who loves me! I will cling to Him and His promises right now! My anxieties may be great, but I know my Lord is powerful!

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. -Psalm 94:19

They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD. - Psalm 112;7

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. -Psalm 56:3

As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more -Psalm 71:14


Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment