Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

We are EAGER

All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along.
Galatians 2:10

Some other adopting families that I know are facing a mountain of negativity. A whirlwind of ridicule and negativity.  Their choice to adopt hasn't been received well.  It's things such as:

"You are ruining the lives of your other children!"

"Who do you think you are that you can handle this?"

"Let other countries deal with their own problems.  Stay out of it!"

and so on and so forth!

It's hurtful.  It causes deep wounds.  It shatters trust.  It leaves people feeling alone.

We've been fortunate to not have experienced a lot of disapproval in regards to us adding to our family through adoption.  Notice the A LOT?? We've had some.  Some of it absolutely rooted in some truths.  Things we needed to discuss and pray through as a couple.  Some of it out of fear for us.  I get that.  We have our own fears. Some of it out of a lack of understanding.  I get that, too.  We are not asking ANYONE to necessarily full grasp our reasoning.  It's ultimately between me, Dave, and our Heavenly Father.  Following the Lord doesn't always make sense.  It isn't always easily explained.  We have FAITH!

One day I was really struggling with the fact that we do have people who are opposed to our decision.  I, by nature, am a peace making people pleaser! I do not like people to be upset with me or to disapprove of my choices.  I was having a rough day with the fact that I was not pleasing everyone (I know, I know, I am NEVER pleasing everyone.  It was just an exceptionally challenging day).   I specifically wanted to find some verses to meditate on in this regard.  I wanted to add them to my truth pack (Whole other post for another day to explain a truth pack) so I could read them frequently.  I had specifically searched words in my bible app such as "against" disapprove", etc.  I was finding some, but my soul wasn't satisfied.  I knew I was to keep looking.  I then searched "oppose".  I scrolled through a few verses and then I came to the Galatians 2:10 verse.  The Lord put that verse on the list for me.  I am unable to explain how clearly I knew the Lord was speaking directly to me.  I was moved to tears and then to rejoicing! That verse should have NEVER came up on a keyword search "oppose".  It's not in that verse.  The Lord put that verse right before my eyes.  He needed to speak loud and clear to my heart.  I heard Him that day and I still hear Him today.  He is PLEASED with us.  He wants us to continue to follow him through this journey.  This is one way we will live out the Great Commission on our home. We WILL continue to do what we were EAGER to do from the beginning!  The very thing we set out to do!

Stacy

Prayer Requests:
  • pray we get the finalized home study by the weeks end.  It is almost done! There needs to be a few corrections and then we should be set! Our social worker goes on vacation next week so we would like it before she leaves!

  • pray that she is willing, without hesitation, to make ALL the corrections our facilitation team has requested.
  • pray our USCIS final approval goes quickly! That will be the very last thing we need to finish state side!

  • keep praying for our Charlie Jo! Momma and Daddy are coming soon baby!!


No comments:

Post a Comment