Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This is a day the LORD has made...even though it wasn't a favorite!

It took only a moment to realize that 2 of my 3 kids who had gone to bed healthy woke up unhealthy...with snot and LOTS of it!  Yuck!  We tried to proceed as normal, but the more my morning went on the more I began to feel unwell.  I couldn't really put my finger on it, but the headache was finally clue enough that I should at least check my blood pressure.  157/97!!  Uh oh, that can't be good.  Called the doctor who of course wanted labs and to see me. 

Thanks to my sweet sister-in-law who sat with all five kids over her lunch break so I could go get the labs started before my 2:50 appointment.  In the meantime, the doctor said to just sit back and rest.  I always chuckle to myself when the doc says that.  I have a four year old, 2 three year olds, and 2 one and a half year olds all day...rest?!?  But, I tried.  We watched a movie and only did about 30 minutes of school.  Thankfully, the labs all came back within the normal limits!  Yay!!  He wanted to send me to the hospital to be monitored for a bit - I declined.  He wanted to start me on BP meds - I talked him into waiting until my appointment next week.  I've taken them and they make me feel really sad.  I'm so thankful to have a doctor who is willing to meet me in the middle without hesitation!  But, upon leaving, he and the nurse practitioner both said "now you know this bed rest thing probably isn't an if but when, right?"  I just pretended I didn't hear that one! 

I can't go on bed rest!  I have 3 babies!  What would I even do??  Trying not to freak out and pray that this is just a speed bump and I will soon be back on track with a healthy pregnancy!  But really, I have no clue how we would make that work... 

My darling husband (with the help of our sweet son!) cooked us dinner so I could rest.  As we sit down for dinner, Eden starts screaming of horrible pain in her side. I realized she felt warm so I took her temp...101...she was my healthy one of the day!  Not any longer...

Here's praying tomorrow isn't nearly as eventful!   

No comments:

Post a Comment