Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Gentle Whisper...

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you;
therefore he will rise up to show you
compassion...
How gracious he will be when you cry for help!
As soon as he hears, he will answer you.
Isaiah 30:18-19

We have been experiencing His graciousness in such a real way.

We ask, He answers, and yet we still catch ourselves trapped in the cycle of worrying.  

It's such a disturbingly comfortable place to be in.

Why?

Maybe by worrying I feel like I have some sense of control. Because, you know, worrying always gets things done, right?? Oh, wait...

Then I wake up and I recognize the cycle I've once again succumbed to and I rest my soul back in the arms of the one who truly has everything under His control.

It feels good.

I feel refreshed, calm, peaceful.

I cry to Him for help.  He hears my cries.

Sometimes, like today, when I've been worrying about the financial reality of our adoption, He gives me a tangible reminder through the generous gifts of others.

Most other times He just gently whispers in my ear...

Do not let your hearts be troubled....
John 14:1 

No comments:

Post a Comment